Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 12

I meant to write this last night but I fell asleep on the couch.  So I had plain Greek yogurt and I stirred in some toasted, unsalted almonds plus I took some frozen blueberries and heated them up in the microwave and ate it all together. Fruity crunchy yogurt with no added sugar, tasty and healthy.  Bonus!  I'd brought my lunch but then a co-worker asked if I wanted to go out.  Since I had been sitting inside for 5 hours and it was a beautiful day, I said "Of course I'll go out to lunch with you!"  We went to Joy Feast, a local Chinese restaurant here in Burbank and the best one I've found so far, and I had hot and sour soup, hot garlic shrimp, fried rice, a veggie egg-roll and a Coke to drink.  I've been to this restaurant twice and have enjoyed the food both times, although the egg-roll was a little bland, even with soy sauce.  My afternoon snack was a couple of Lindt extra dark chocolate truffle balls and a glass of non-fat milk.  I had two bags of 'lite' butter popcorn with parmesan cheese for dinner instead of my leftover garlic chicken and green beans.  This is precisely why I can't have things like popcorn; ramen noodles or Dove bars in my house.  I eat them until they're gone and ignore a perfectly delicious healthier dinner.  I also had two glasses of the white wine I bought in Solvang.

I think I've have an exercise/flexibility plan hammered out.  It may have to be tweaked a little but I'm happy with it.  One of my biggest problems is that I sit in front of a computer all day, so as part of my plan, I get up every hour or so and take a quick turn around the office.  It only takes a minute and it keeps my body from being so stiff and painful at the end of the day.  I also walk out to my car and back a couple of times a day.  It doesn't sound like much and I'm not doing it for the cardio/weight loss benefits.  It's for the flexibility.  It keeps my shoulders, neck, back and hips from tightening up.  When the office was in Beverly Hills over 10 years ago, I walked to and from work every day.  For the last 10+ years, I've had to drive to an office 11 miles from my house so any movement I can get during the day is a plus.  I've also started working out as soon as I get home from work.  It keeps me from plopping in front of the TV as soon as I get home and gives me energy to do daily chores in my house.  I'm pleased so far.  Oh, and I was somewhere between 292 & 293 yesterday, I can't remember the exact weight.

No comments: