Sunday, March 03, 2013

Day 13 & 14

I need to start posting these earlier instead of at the end of the day when I'm too tired.  So day 13, I had some almonds, coffee and Samoa Girl Scout cookies for breakfast. Definitely not my best breakfast.  As I've been posting, I've been noticing more and more how what I eat affects me.  I can be pretty energetic but if I eat things like cookies or pop-tarts for breakfast, my energy drops almost immediately and I feel lethargic.  Even if I eat it later, I notice my energy drops whereas eating plain Greek yogurt, almonds and berries satisfies me and I do not have a drop in my energy level.  Lunch on Friday, Chance and I went to Baco Mercat in downtown. It took longer than we thought, almost two hours, but it was worth it. This is what I had for lunch: escabeche of drake duck breast - black quinoa, shaved fennel, sherry vinegar; caramelized romanesco - lemon, treviso, white soy for starters. Then I had “the original” - pork, beef carnitas, salbitxada and “the fava fritter” - feta-poblano, chickpea, salmorejo. I had blood orange-vanilla soda to drink and for dessert, caramel upside down cake - pineapple, hazelnut, semifreddo. You totally wish you were me right now.  Chance and I split the starters and the dessert and we each ate half of our sandwiches.  I ate the other half of one sandwich for dinner that night.  I also got some walking in that day, but no other exercise.

Saturday, I got up at 6:30 and I broke 290, I weighed in at 289.6 lbs.  Yay!  I had some almonds and cottage cheese for breakfast with a couple of cups of coffee.  Later in the morning, I walked to the Coffee Bean with Ofelia and had a decaf mocha and a blueberry scone.  I didn't notice as much of a drop in my energy, but I could still feel it.  We then walked over to the hardware store so I could buy some duct tape and walked back home. I did laundry, cleaned up a bit around here and had a little lunch.  I had a little leftover fava fritter from lunch on Friday, so I ate that plus some guacamole I made (avocado, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and dried onion) with some tortilla chips.  I had 3 Lindt dark chocolate truffles and a glass of non-fat milk.  I felt stuffed.  About 4:00 in the afternoon, Ofelia came over and we worked out to the Bar Method dvd.  Ow.  I didn't eat dinner, just a couple of spoons of cottage cheese and some beef jerky, plus I had two 5 oz glasses of merlot. and yes, I measured it.  The rest of the evening, I read and watched a little TV, then went to bed at 11:30.  I slept until 4:00 when I wok up with a pain in my knee.  I slept wrong on it and it let me know.  I went back to sleep until 8:30, so nine hours of sleep with a 10 minute break in the middle.  I'm feeling pretty rested.

No comments: