Sunday, March 10, 2013

Missing: 1 Mojo

So it's been about a week since I posted.  My mojo took a vacation and left me stranded in a puddle of whinyness.  Hated it so much until I was driving home from work wondering what I was going to do.  I thought about how children get so involved in what they're doing that they don't want to stop or even hear when someone's calling them and I realized that that focus is what had disappeared from my life.  I looked at how everyday things distract us from what we want and decided to figure out what is the most important thing in my life right now.  I knew if I figured that out and focused on that, that everything else would fall into place.  I felt my mojo's attention on me but it wasn't quite ready to return.  Then I came across the infomercial for the workout Insanity and I realized that although I'm not quite ready for that, I can take the premise of that workout and apply it to the workout I have here.  I used the max interval technique doing the 10 Minute Trainer workout. I did three workouts - Total Body; Legs and Abs - using what Shaun T describes in the infomercial.  I was drenched in sweat and breathing hard and felt great.  I watch the infomercial a couple of times a week to stay motivated with my own workout.  I don't feel ready to do Insanity right now and I can tell I'm not because I have come up with a couple of reasons why I can't start it at this point.  So I will continue to watch the infomercial for inspiration and when I'm ready, I will order it.  I don't think it will be very long now, at least I'm hoping that's the case.  My mojo has returned with my focus on getting strong and healthy.  On the food front, I had a most delicious dungeness crab and asparagus omelet with some roasted potatoes plus a truly great bloody mary for brunch.  I rarely drink during the day, usually only a glass of wine with dinner and I really felt it.  So I strolled around The Grove and did a little shopping until the effects of the vodka wore off.  For dinner, I had shrimp in garlic sauce and edamame on the side.  It's a seafood kind of day.  It's off to bed with me now.

No comments: