Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 3. I think.

Okay, so today, I did laundry, read a book, talked about the hunky guys on HGTV, cleared the sweets out of my house, did my laundry, booked my hotels for my trip to Quebec, worked out and watched Antiques Roadshow with Bob.  Bob also joined the 21st century and got an iphone today, so I had fun showing him how you can record your texts instead of typing them and I introduced him to Siri.  He promptly asked her if she was a lesbian and she told him it was none of his business.  LOLOLOL!

The voice memo app on the iphone is great, I don't have to remember or write down what I ate.  Using tracking programs like Weight Watchers or MyFitnessPal doesn't work for me because I forget to update them and I find it to be a pain in the ass. I just take a memo, then listen to them and write my post.  Awesome!!  So today, I weighed in at 293.2 lbs, up a half a pound from yesterday. I had two cups of coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, one packet (2 small bars) of oat & honey granola bars, plus I still had a squidgy gut this morning, but that passed pretty quickly.

I also set up a plan to work out with my friend Ofelia, although she couldn't do it today.  So I worked out by myself.  More on that later.  I didn't really eat a meal today, I kinda grazed.  I had several pieces of beef jerky over the course of the day and evening.  I also ate some mixed nuts, mostly almonds and cashews.  A portion of nuts according to the bag is 20 nuts.  I don't think I ate quite that many but that's what I'm saying I ate.  I ran out of coffee today so later in the afternoon, I had a cup of instant hot chocolate with a few mini marshmallows.

Boy, these voice memos really do come in handy.  I did have a meal, sort of.  At about 3:00 this afternoon, I had 3 pieces of leftover pepperoni & black olive pizza, plus 2 12 oz glasses of sparkling water.  Later I had some of the beef jerky I mentioned plus a couple of spoons of cottage cheese.  I also had a couple of glasses of red wine while watching TV. Before I move on, I forgot to post yesterday that I had 1/2 cup of caramel corn and some beef jerky

Now about that exercise.  I decided earlier today that I was going to work out tonight and then proceeded to avoid doing that all day.  About 6:00 p.m. I decided to do it.  And what motivated me to actually exercise was I couldn't stand the thought of posting on here that I hadn't worked out and whining about how I don't feel good.  I actually feel okay, my gut isn't bothering me anymore today and since I ate relatively little sugar, I don't feel lethargic and bloated.  So I put on my Bar Method Dancer's Body dvd, which is an hour long workout and a tough one.  I have to admit that I'm not quite up to the full hour but I did the calves and thighs; the seat work and the abs.  Which is probably a good 25 minutes.  I'm going to check that running time.  Some of the ab work was difficult for me because I have a huge gut, but I was able to do about 15 crunches, 15 obliques on the right and 15 obliques on the left.  That right there is more ab work than I've done in I don't know how long.  It seems my plan of owning up on a blog, which is a public forum even if no-one is reading this except me, is motivating me to think about what I eat and what I do.  I feel like there should be a fanfare.  Tah-dah!

Okay, I am going back to work tomorrow after having four days off, I have to get up at 5:45 a.m. to be at work by 7:00 a.m. and I still have to make my bed. 







No comments: