Saturday, February 16, 2013

I think I need a plan

I want to say that I've been struggling with my weight for years, but really, it hasn't been a struggle because I haven't attempted to do anything about it.  Not in a credible attempt that I haven't abandoned within a few days or weeks.  It's not that it's hard to eat good healthy delicious food.  It's that I eat a lot out of boredom.  I notice that when I am focused on a project, it's very simple for me to eat something that's good for me and that tastes good and doesn't make me feel lethargic and bloated.  Even cleaning my house or doing chores, as long as I'm actively engaged.  It's when I'm doing repetitive or sedentary things, or both, that I eat.  Not because I'm hungry but because my brain is bored. 

So here's my plan.  I'm going to post every day.  I'm going to give my weight, what I've eaten and why, any exercise I've done, and once a week, I will post my measurements.  I'm not doing this so that anyone will read this, although it is a blog, but more to keep myself honest.  I may include photos or videos.  And if I post a message on someone else's blog, I will include a link to this.  No more hiding.

No comments: