Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 2

It's 11:30 at night on day 2 of my plan.  I just finished watching the season finale of Downton Abbey with a couple if friends.  We have a Downton Abbey viewing party every Sunday night.  It's a lot of fun. 

So today, I was still feeling the after effects of whatever attacked my intestinal track yesterday.  I felt better but still not great.  I started off by weighing in at 292.6, which is a pound lost from yesterday.  Since I put my measurements yesterday and I'm putting my weight every day, I should add that I'm 5'8" tall.  I started the day with a couple of forkfuls of cottage cheese (the fork in question is the smaller salad or dessert fork, not a dinner fork) and a glass of water.  I did the dishes and organized a project I'm working on, then had 2 cups of coffee with half and half and a packet (2 small bars) of Nature Valley Oat & Honey granola bars. 

After my shower, I had brunch: 2 egg cheese omelet, 4 small strips of bacon, 5 artichokes hearts (in brine) and a small tangerine with a glass of non-fat milk and 2 extra dark chocolate Lindt truffles. I then finished the book I was reading, Michael Connelly's The Black Box and worked on my project a little.  After a few other small chores, I had dinner at 5:30, several slices of pepperoni and black olive pizza with club soda to drink.  I had 5 Girl Scout Samoa cookies with another glass of milk.  Finally, I had a couple of 5 oz. glasses of red wine to sip while watching 60 Minutes and then Downton Abbey.  I'm seeing a pattern here of eating more than I should, especially of sweets, because truth be told, I was kind of bored today.  I hate being sick and having low energy, it just makes the day drag by.

I also took a probiotic and some vitamins: B12, C and D3 plus a flax seed oil pill.  God, this is a dull post. 

No comments: