Thursday, February 16, 2012

No TV

This is the start of my 3rd day of no TV.  I am amazed at how much better I feel.  It's really quite remarkable how badly the constant electronic drone was affecting my outlook.  Last night, I went to bed by 10:00 and slept really well.  I woke up this morning feeling rested for the first time in a very long time.  My dreams were not that jagged, angsty stuff that I've been experiencing for the last few months.  I can't even recall what I dreamt about, so if it was bad, I was sleeping soundly enough that it didn't disturb me.  My next move is to cut back on the hours and hours I spend mindlessly surfing the internets.

PS.  In order to be completely truthful, the only show I really love, The Vampire Diaries, is on tonight.  I haven't decided if I'm going to break my no TV rule for it or not.

No comments: