Thursday, August 21, 2014

August 19, 2014

So the great re-write is still creeping along slowly. I want to CHANGE ALL THE THINGS at once but of course, that would make my head explode and I'd just have another mess to clean up.  So I've settled for changing one thing (or two, if they're small) at a time. For example, I cleaned out my frig the other day, seriously, it was so gross. Then I went grocery shopping, came home, put the food away and what do you know, I can see what I have to eat.  Huzzah! Tonight I will cook some chicken and some rice.  That usually lasts a couple of days in the frig for dinner, then each night I can just cook some veggies to go with it, quick and easy.  I also bought some smoked turkey, cheese, bread, pickles, tomatoes, avocados and horseradish mustard to make sandwiches for lunch. I can eat lunch for a week for what I spend on going out to lunch in one or two days.  Next time I go out, I will enjoy it more.  And I bought some grapes and raw almonds and have been eating those for breakfast. So my quest to eat healthier is my first major change.

My next change is to establish a regular exercise program. I need to get up and walk for 10 - 15 minutes at least twice a day while at work. I could do this in the morning and afternoon on my breaks. I was also working out every day after work, doing Insanity. And I loved it! But when my schedule changed, that went out the window and I haven't started up again.  I have to remember that I loved my workout more than I love sitting on the couch on my butt.

No comments: