Monday, August 18, 2014

August 15, 2014

So the re-written script is working, so far so good, I'm still working on breaking old habits. Especially the habit of sitting in front of the TV watching stuff I'm not interested in. I need to think of how to re-write that portion so that it's more of 'Hey! Do this! Or This! Or This!' instead of saying 'Don't Do That Anymore.' I need something to fill the space. I love to read but even that's not enough to fill in the blank areas. The blank areas cause me to tense up which creates that old feeling of ennui. Definition of ennui: a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement. And ennui puts me on my butt doing nothing.

My opinion is that creativity isn't just used to create some form of art, not an original thought I know, but if I think of day to day chores as creativity instead of drudgery, it helps to combat ennui. For example, I get home from work and there's 8 billion things to do in my house. It can leave me feeling defeated before I even start. But if I look at cleaning the kitchen and putting everything away as creating a space where the energy flows, that space can be used to create good food.  If I apply that creative thought to all the spaces in my house, then my house will feel like a place where I want to create other things.  I know this worked because I cleaned up my office at work and now when I come in to work in the morning, my office is in good shape and I don't feel over-whelmed immediately.  Believe me, I have enough work to do every day, I don't need a messy space to stop me in my tracks.

No comments: