Friday, July 04, 2014

July 3, 2014

Once more into the breach, as they say.  I'm feeling better about the situation with my co-worker. I realized that this person has a habit of non-communication about work flow changes and then likes to throw people under the bus. The thing is, they are often wrong about what they are stating as fact.  I have been corrected by them in meetings in front of a lot of people and since I'm not sure if they are correct or not, I double check my info after the meetings.  Turns out I'm right in a lot of cases.  Since this makes me realize that I'm not stupid or ill-informed, and this person is simply doing what they do, I can now move on.  A lesson I keep needing to learn over and over again.  Onward!

I was just looking at my notebook and realized that I have forgotten to focus. Since I came back from vacation, I have found that my old patterns of just sitting in front of the TV or computer randomly watching anything as a distraction wasn't working anymore. Believe me, I tried to slip back into that but it really wasn't working.  So what I tried and what has been missing from these last few days is focus.  I couldn't veg in front of the TV but in order to create other things to do, I needed to focus on that particular thing.  I was doing that and it worked.  I've been forgetting to focus on what I want to do. Focus on one thing until I'm satisfied with the outcome.  Then move on to the next thing and focus on that.  A good reminder.

So here's some things to focus on tonight, one at a time:

1. Put away odds and ends that go with the cords and cameras, etc.
2. Do my workout - cardio & kettle bell.
3. Cook dinner.
4. Vacuum.

5. Get replacement value for Mom's sterling silverware.
6. Find receipts for expenses to be reimbursed.
7. Pay rent and utility bills.
Update: long, long meeting at work, took up way too much of the afternoon. I worked late then came home and basically passed out. 

No comments: