Thursday, July 03, 2014

July 2, 2014

This morning I woke up without the knot in my stomach that's been there for the past couple of days due to the issue with my co-worker.  I realized that what she's doing is her way of doing things and whether it's unconscious or deliberate, it's not my problem.  In fact, this morning during my meditation, I became grateful because it made me realize that once again, I was giving up my power to someone else.  It is a habit that I have and I realize that these situations happen to remind me that I am in control of my path alone. This doesn't mean that I need to be belligerent, or passive/aggressive.  It's more of a state of being: being in the moment; being on my path; being aware.  I'm not trying to be perfect, just more aware of who I am.  I'm still going to have emotions and conflicts, the key for me is to be conscious to what's happening, not paranoid. Always trust my gut if something doesn't feel right.  When I've ignored gut feelings in the past, the outcome has usually been some form of disaster.  Now that I've addressed that, onward with my day.  I have a meeting today that runs until 5:00, which is about 30 minutes past my usual end of work day.  I work 7:30 - 4:30 usually but have been leaving work later, which means the traffic is heavier and it takes longer to get home.  My list of things to do doesn't seem all that daunting and I don't think I have anything happening at home tonight that will stop me from accomplishing the list.  Nothing except my own inertia.

1. Put away odds and ends that go with the cords and cameras, etc.
4. Do my workout - cardio & kettle bell.
5. Cook dinner - if I don't cook, then I need to freeze the chicken.  I do have leftover Korean BBQ from lunch. Yum!
6. Vacuum.
7. Get replacement value for Mom's sterling silverware.
8. Put dishes away.

9. Find receipts for expenses to be reimbursed.

I have been walking around the office a lot today.  Anytime I need to go to the other side (our office is split with a central lobby) I walk all the way around the perimeter of both sides of the office to get a little extra movement. I will be back with an update tonight.

One other thing: my birthday is one month from today.  When that milestone happens, I would like to have 30 days of something (besides sitting on my butt) under my belt.  Okay, later.

Update: I feel like I'm failing at this experiment.  Another late night at work, still a lot of things left undone. I crossed out the things I actually managed to do. The good thing is today I have no meetings to keep me here late and like a lot of people, I have the 4th of July off from working which gives me a 3-day week-end.  Woo-hoo! If I can create a pattern over the week-end of accomplishing things, then I think I have a better chance of carrying through the work week.  Fingers crossed!


No comments: