Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Second week

I started my second week of Insanity yesterday.  I had a bit of a tougher workout because my knees were stiff and sore.  Not sure what that was about, other than Sunday was my rest day (no workout), everything tightened up and not in a good way.  But I did the workout to the best of my ability and I completed it, which  became my goal as the workout progressed.  Today I am feeling better and have also learned the lesson that if something hurts, don't just suffer with it, take a tylenol.

I feel better and stronger just in one week of doing this exercise routine but I haven't lost any weight and I know that it's because I haven't addressed what I'm eating.  I've been a little lazy about that but today I started using myfitnesspal again to track my food.  I'm eating way too much and yet not enough.  For example, yesterday I had oatmeal and berries for breakfast but then I went out to lunch with a friend at work.  We had Korean food and shared bulgogi; spicy pork; fried mandoo plus sides of steamed rice, veggies and kimchi.  It all sounds very healthy and it is.  But it's stir fry and salty and a lot of food. Much more than I need to be eating at one sitting.  And I've been doing the "I'll just have hors d'oeuvres for dinner" routine instead of fixing a meal.  So yeah, I have some work to do on my food.  My plan for tonight is to prep the chicken and put it in the oven to cook while I'm doing my workout.  It will be done by the time I'm through with the Pure Cardio dvd, then I'll heat up some rice and green beans and it will be a feast. Then I'll have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.  Awesome! 

The other thing I need to do is move around more during the day.  I sit at a desk in front of a computer all day and I need to get up periodically during my eight hours at work and move around.  You would think that moving around all day would make knees stiff but in reality, it's sitting or standing all day.

Edited to add: Two days later, I'm finally finishing this post.  I have been tracking my food, although it hasn't become consistent.  Maybe if I put the app on my phone, I'll remember to do it more often.  Also, I did cook dinner and I did exactly what I said I was going to.  It worked out perfectly.  Plus I pushed myself to do a little bit more in my workout.  I've had to modify but I'm getting stronger every day and I am now modifying my modifications back to what's actually on the video.  I am very pleased.

No comments: