Saturday, April 27, 2013

First week done!

So I just finished my first week of Insanity.  Can I do all the exercises yet?  No, but I do notice a slight improvement in my ability to do some of it.  I'm getting a little more air in my hops, I'm jogging a little faster in place, my feet are coming higher off the floor in my kicks, I'm moving a little faster.  Maybe no-one else would notice but I noticed a definite difference today.  And I was feeling a bit ambivalent about working out today but I threw my workout clothes on and went for it and I'm glad I did.  Tomorrow is my rest day but I may check out the power abs since that's coming up next week.  Wanna be ready.

In other news, I went to New Balance today and bought some cross training shoes and wow, what a difference they make.  Not just in my workout but in walking around in general.  I guess I needed more support in my shoes than I realized.  I also went shopping and bought a new pair of pants and a couple of tees for work plus a pair of shorts to work out in.  Now I have a couple of pair I can use.  I also went to Trader Joe's and to the library, just to round out my day of running errands.  Now I have to decide if I'm having chicken or shrimp for dinner.  Decisions, decisions.

Today, I did that thing we all used to do before Itunes and instant music.  When I drove into the parking lot of the mall where I did my shopping, a song came on the radio just as I arrived and I sat in my car and listened to the whole song before I went in the store.  It was awesome.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFYVAntpw0 

And as long as I'm on an 80s kick, here's one more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUFZwJb9GA

Time to eat!

No comments: