Friday, April 26, 2013

Still Insane

So today is day 5 of the Insanity workout.  It's actually day 4 of the workouts, the first day I took the fitness test, which is about 30 minutes.  I'm still looking forward to going home every day and doing the next workout.  I haven't lost any weight, as a matter of fact, I went up 3 lbs.  I think that has to do with my salt intake this week, a lot of what I've eaten has a high sodium level.  Since this isn't just about weight loss but getting healthy and strong, I'm pleased with my progress.  I will tweak my food over the next couple of weeks, less sodium, more fresh food.  Today is the Pure Cardio workout, it's about 45 minutes long.  I will, of course, be breathing hard and sweating buckets by minute 2.  But just completing the workout every day is giving me a sense of accomplishment.  I'm already starting to feel the effects of it, not just feeling better but all those little projects and ideas I've had in my head thinking "I'd like to do that." is starting to come to fruition.  I notice that my patience for sitting on my butt for hours on end is diminishing.  Passive entertainment  is no longer holding my attention the way it used to either.  After my workout tonight, I'm going to pick a task and work on it until it's done.  Then I will start another project.  I'm hoping this keeps on because there are a number of things outside of work and home that I would like to do as well.  I want to take a first aid/cpr class at the American Red Cross.  On a completely different tangent, I'd like to learn to tango.  Maybe now, I'll have the energy for these things.  That would be nice.

No comments: