Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Zoooooomba!

So last night I went to my very first Zumba class.  I've been thinking for of trying this for awhile now but classes at my local 24 Hour were at odd times that I couldn't go to and private classes cost too much for me to pay for on a consistent basis.  Then, a couple of months ago, the ever lovely Ofelia told me that 24 Hour now had classes on the schedule at times we could both attend.  For various reasons, including sloth, I didn't get my ass in gear to get to a class until last night.  Dude.  I had SO MUCH FUN!  It really is a blast.  Now because it was my first class the teacher didn't show up but there was a young man in the class who just been hired at 24 Hour and he was able to take over.  He did a very good job and he mixed in some Bollywood style dance, his specialty.  I was able to follow along pretty well and managed to stay for the whole class, which is a lot considering I haven't done this type of class in YEARS.  I do not think I would have been able to do the whole class if I hadn't been walking almost every night for the last month.  It also helped that I met a woman named Robin who used to teach Zumba in Australia where she's from.  She was right in front of me so I had a great example to follow.  I'm going back on Wednesday.

Today, I'm going to use all my Weight Watchers points on the Cheesy Mac and Rib with BBQ pork and grilled onions sandwich from here.  I don't really know how many points the sandwich is but I am posting a high point count in my tracker just to be safe.  It's a good thing that plain fruit and veggies are 0 points because that's about what I will be eating for the rest of today.


One small thing I've noticed since I have been blogging more regularly.  When I finish a post, I preview it.  I'd say about 95% of the time, the only changes I make are spelling errors; places where I may have left out a word or if a sentence I wrote doesn't make sense.  Otherwise, it's pretty much as I originally wrote it.  But the small thing I referred to is how comma happy I am.  That's really the biggest change I make to my blog after the preview is taking out all the damn commas.  Heh.  Really, you wouldn't believe how many commas I just deleted from this post.

No comments: