Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

I didn't watch anything on TV today that had to do with September 11. I chose to remember what happened without reliving it. Living in California as I do, it was very early in the morning when a friend called and woke me to tell me what had happened. I immediately went to the living room and sat on the floor and turn on the TV. Whatever channel I had it on was broadcasting the people jumping from the buildings. I was so stunned, I just sat there in horror. I think whoever was monitoring the broadcast realize what they were showing because it switched to something else after about 10 seconds and I didn't see those images again for the rest of the day.

Today, I did what I do every September 11. I go to tomatonation.com and read Sars essay. Sars was at the World Trade Center that day and every year she writes about it. It always makes me cry. Happy Birthday, Don.

No comments: