Monday, September 15, 2008

Laundry services

One of the things I did for myself, back in the day when I had money, was to buy an apartment size washer and dryer. My apartment building actually has two on-site laundry rooms, that are kept clean and the machines usually work. But I got tired of carrying laundry up and down from the 4th floor. Invariably the elevator was on the 4th floor when I was on the ground floor and vice versa. Not to mention the ever increasing cost of doing laundry every week. So I spent some time googling "portable" machines and found some options. Finally, I went to Sears and found two small, wheeled machines. The washer hose hooks up to the kitchen sink and the dryer has a portable system that vents into a container of water. Instant humidifier. And when I'm done, I unplug everything and wheeled them right into my hall closet. Very convenient. Now if I could only get myself to do laundry every week instead of waiting until everything needs to be washed. This is a long way of saying I spent yesterday doing my laundry. I need to get out more.

No comments: