Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oh. Drama.

I decided to check my blog to see if it was still here. I couldn't remember the last time I came here and once again, I had to create a new password. Between working two jobs (three jobs in November and December) having mom here for Christmas, having the flu three times since November (once every two months like clockwork), a bunch of other stuff and general lazyness (laziness?), I haven't done a lot of writing.

One thing I have discovered since the last time I was here is how utterly bored I am with my life. I came to the conclusion that I was tired of having 'drama' in my life. You know, 'drama'. Everything's a mess, what am I going to do, blah, blah, blah. There was quite a bit of turmoil in my life for about eight or nine years, and I hated it. The last bit of it was resolved over a year ago, but I think it took me several months to realize it. Once the fog cleared from my brain, I discovered how much I hated all the drama that went along with the problems. That's when I decided that, to the best of my ability, I was done with the drama. Things will happen and they will resolve themselves, or be resolved, in time, long or short, but I can't drive myself crazy with it, or allow anyone else to drive me crazy with it. Once I started thinking this way and reinforcing it with my actions on a day to day basis, it amazed me that it actually was working.

Then I discovered that the drama was a great distraction from what was going on in my life. Which was not a whole lot. My life was very dull. I get up, I go to work, I go to my 2nd job, I come home, I watch TV, I go to bed. BORING!! It took a couple of months of living like this and being conscious of it before I started making some changes. My next post will be about the changes I've made and am making.

No comments: